The lawyers in our dispute resolution group match sophisticated legal expertise with wide-ranging industry knowledge to address client needs in industries such as digital/media, life sciences, fashion and luxury.
We are recognized for our ability to think outside the box, tackling the most challenging matters and exploring uncharted innovative solutions. This is particularly important in the context of disputes, where one must be able to balance with care and creativity the pros and cons of court litigation, arbitration and mediation.
This has enabled us to secure favorable court judgments or arbitral awards in more than 8 out of 10 cases. If we include settlements and mediation agreements, our clients have secured positive outcomes more than 9 out 10 times.
Portolano Cavallo actively promotes other forms of dspute resolution, such as arbitration and mediation, depending on clients’ needs, with a view toward finding the best form of dispute resolution for each particular client and their unique situation.
Our attorneys are members of the litigation and dispute resolution committees of professional associations such as the American Bar Association (ABA), International Bar Association (IBA), ICC and INTA. They participate as panelists at domestic and international conferences, and also regularly lecture in law school seminars and clinics.
Our litigation and alternative dispute resolution clients include:
- Multinational defense, transportation, aerospace and security company
- Italian 500‐store retail chain
- Leading Italian food brand
- Multinational networking equipment corporation
- US software development and consulting group
- Leading Italian tour operator
- Kids’ clothing brand
- Multinational engineering and technology consulting company
- Social network
- World‐leading fashion houses
- Leading UK newspaper
- Leading US financial news company
- International on line travel company
- Prominent Italian TV broadcaster