- Rome +39 06 696661
- Milan +39 02 722341
Portolano Cavallo couples an outstanding media practice with extensive expertise in IT-related matters. The media team excels in a range of areas, including IP, regulatory, licensing, advertising, contentious and contractual issues. The law firm additionally handles M&A transactions within the media sector. Data protection, launches of new services and IT contracts are also covered by its IT team. The firm’s lawyers act for a broad roster of high-profile global media and technology companies, as well as major telecoms providers."
Our experience in the field of technologies includes sector-specific commercial contracts (outsourcing contracts, system integration contracts, application maintenance contracts and, in general, all tender contracts for the provision of IT services); the creation, development, usage, and protection of software; critical aspects and opportunities relating to the creation and usage of databases, etc.
We provide consultation in the areas of:
- data privacy and protection
- IT systems security
- national and international outsourcing contracts
- development, usage, and protection of software
- contracts for the provision of IT services
- drafting of company policies on the use of open-source applications
- legal aspects of cloud computing
- jurisdictional proceedings relating to the violation of intellectual property rights on software application
Portolano Cavallo‘s TMT team is one of the best I have worked with in terms of service levels and responsiveness."
The team is always up to date on the relevant topics for the activity of the core business and has an approach to provide a service of the highest quality and to favour the business at the same time."