Portolano Cavallo‘s TMT team is one of the best I have worked with in terms of service levels and responsiveness."
Our experience in the field of technologies
includes sector-specific commercial contracts
(outsourcing contracts, system integration contracts, application maintenance contracts and, in general, all tender contracts for the provision of IT services); the creation, development, usage, and protection of software; critical aspects and opportunities relating to the creation and usage of databases, etc.
We provide consultation in the areas of:
- data privacy and protection
- IT systems security
- national and international outsourcing contracts
- development, usage, and protection of software
- contracts for the provision of IT services
- drafting of company policies on the use of open-source applications
- legal aspects of cloud computing
- jurisdictional proceedings relating to the violation of intellectual property rights on software application
Portolano Cavallo couples an outstanding media practice with extensive expertise in IT-related matters. The media team excels in a range of areas, including IP, regulatory, licensing, advertising, contentious and contractual issues. The law firm additionally handles M&A transactions within the media sector. Data protection, launches of new services and IT contracts are also covered by its IT team. The firm’s lawyers act for a broad roster of high-profile global media and technology companies, as well as major telecoms providers."
The team is at the forefront of innovation in relation to the use of AI for M&A, in particular in the context of due diligence [...] They are also one of the few law firms that has a permanent digital innovation officer in their team so they try to always innovate in the way the conduct their business."