Intellectual property rights are vital to the media sector and our team can draw on an exceptional depth of experience in this area. Over the years, our IP experts have helped to resolve traditional issues in the sector and to address new issues arising from technological developments and convergence of platforms.
In the IP rights field, we advise on:
- the drafting and negotiation of patents and trademarks license and assignment agreements, co-branding agreements and franchise agreements
- the establishment of guarantee rights in trademarks
- litigation related to domain names
- the drafting and negotiation of technology development, use, valorization, licence, transfer and acquisition agreements
- civil proceedings relating to the validity and infringment of trademarks, patents, copyrights and designs
- civil and arbitration proceedings relating to breach of license, franchising and distribution agreements
- the use, exploitation and protection of databases
- television and film productions
- the synchronization of musical works and reproduction rights (on television and online), and the management of relations with the Italian Association of Authors and Publishers.
- relations with foreign collecting societies for music and other media rights
Our IP team has also an extensive experience in the Life Sciences sector, both contentious and non-contentious.