- Milan +39 02 722341
- Rome +39 06 696661
Portolano Cavallo enters the rankings as an established boutique firm, offering IP services to media, technology and telecom clients. The firm advises on copyright, trade mark and design infringement cases. The team also handles mandates regarding licensing agreements and broadcasting rights.”
Portolano Cavallo couples an outstanding media practice with extensive expertise in IT-related matters. The media team excels in a range of areas, including IP, regulatory, licensing, advertising, contentious and contractual issues. The law firm additionally handles M&A transactions within the media sector. Data protection, launches of new services and IT contracts are also covered by its IT team. The firm’s lawyers act for a broad roster of high-profile global media and technology companies, as well as major telecoms providers."
The firm advises on blockchain and NFT projects, combining technical knowledge of Web 3.0 with our firm’s excellence in the areas of intellectual property, entertainment, media, advertising, consumer protection, intermediary liability, and privacy law. We provide legal advice in the area of non-fungible tokens (NFTs), decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs), smart contracts, and more. We help clients reduce legal risks and maximize economic opportunities related to exploring new markets and the Metaverse, consumer engagement, and generating new sources of revenue.
- Interview on Il Sole 24 Ore – Lydia Mendola Così metaversi e Ai interrogano i diritti di proprietà intellettuale
- Article on Wired – Lydia Mendola, Maria Vittoria La Rosa Attenzione ai Totò che vendono la Fontana di Trevi nel metaverso
- Article on Wired – Lydia Mendola La moda sogna il metaverso ma si scontra già con i primi problemi
- Article on Wired – Lydia Mendola Cosa fa degli nft un oggetto di valore
- Article on DealFlower – Lydia Mendola Miramax fa causa a Quentin Tarantino per la vendita degli Nft di Pulp Fiction
- Article on Multilaw – Lydia Mendola, Chiara Marchisotti: The medium is not the message: A brief survey of image rights in the metaverse
- Article by Laura Coriddi – Francesco Tognato: Arbitration and the metaverse
- Interview on Il Sole 24 Ore – Lydia Mendola: Legali in campo per difendere la moda anche nel metaverso
- Podcast on Il Sole 24 Ore – Lydia Mendola: Il boom degli smart contract NFT: cosa sono, a cosa servono, quali sono i rischi
- Interview on Dealflower – Lydia Mendola: “Nft e proprietà intellettuale: a che punto siamo?“
Portolano Cavallo has a strong specialisation in TMT and digital matters in addition to a focus on the life sciences and fashion sectors. The practice is also highly skilled in dealing with IP issues with an emphasis on litigation, licensing, patents, copyright, software and music, in connections to media and entertainment."
In-depth knowledge of the TMT sector, with particular reference to the media area. They are able to quickly understand the specific needs of the client by providing brilliant tailor-made solutions. Undoubtedly an excellence in the TMT legal landscape!"
Maria Cristina MicheliniAssociate