Portolano Cavallo’s litigation experience includes all forms of commercial and corporate litigation (contractual disputes, corporate related matters, unfair competition, passing‐off, advertising issues, etc.), interim and injunctive proceedings, proceedings before competition and consumer protection authorities and other Italian agencies (Communications Authority, Data Protection Authority, etc.). A very large portion of our work involves cross-border disputes.
Our recent track record includes:
- Multinational defense, transportation, aerospace and security company: assistance and representation in several contentious matters, including representing its UK subsidiary in a dispute over a EUR100 million contract in the defence sector
- Multinational networking equipment corporation: assistance in a multiparty dispute relating to a breach of contract
- US software development and consulting group: representation in connection with a cross‐border dispute brought by the receiver of a company acquired by the client
- Largest Italian travel group: representation in a broad range of commercial disputes involving key partnership agreements with its affiliates
- Kids’ clothing brand: representation in complex set of court proceedings against the former managing director of the Italian subsidiary for mismanagement and other related issues?
- Multinational engineering and technology consulting company: representation in several disputes against the former managing director turned competitor
- Social network: representation in all contentious matters in Italy including IP infringement and defamation, including a complex IP dispute involving private dawn raids and interim injunctive proceedings where favorable Court decisions have been secured
- Italian TV broadcaster: suit regarding ISP liability for alleged IP infringement
- World‐leading fashion house: advice on a large value contractual dispute relating to a complex set of IP license agreements
- Leading UK newspaper: assistance in a defamation-related dispute arising out of a controversial interview released by a popular Italian artist
- Leading US financial news company: representation in IP and unfair competition matters, including private dawn raid proceedings, involving constitutional issues of freedom of the press and “fair use”
- International on line travel company: representation in a broad range of disputes including proceedings brought by the Italian competition authority for unfair business practices
- World‐leading UK fashion house: assistance in several disputes, including those of IP nature (such as an anti‐counterfeiting case relating to design right infringement)
- Prominent Italian TV broadcaster: representation in successful proceedings before the Italian Data Protection Authority in connection with a dispute brought by show‐guest claiming breach of her privacy rights and abuse of her sensitive personal data