We assist clients in legal matters related to the types of transactions known as “Technology Transactions”, i.e. the acquisition, development, exploitation, and marketing of new technologies in a wide variety of sectors, ranging from the traditional to the up-and-coming.
Our Technology Transactions group is able to provide multidisciplinary and integrated consulting based on a deep knowledge of high technology industrial and commercial sectors and remains constantly updated on the latest and most complex legal issues.
Our clients range from start-ups to national and multinational industry leaders, predominantly with a digital or technological component.
Our experience in Technology Transactions has developed mainly in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence (Machine Learning and Deep Learning) and Robotics;
- Blockchain, Smart Contracts, IoT (Internet of things), Big Data, and Cloud Computing;
- FinTech and InsurTech;
- Information Technology and SaaS (software as a service);
- Life Sciences, HealthTech, and AgriTech; and
- Industry 4.0 and high-profile research and development projects.
By way of example, below is a partial list of some of our activities in Tech Transactions areas:
- Drafting and negotiation of research and development agreements in high technology sectors, such as precision mechanics, electronics, chemistry, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and RegTech and for the automation/digitization of logistics services;
- Structuring, implementation, and execution of outsourcing and system integration projects, as well as those relating to the use and management of connected devices;
- Preparation and implementation of cybersecurity projects and of policies on the processing and protection of personal data;
- Start-up and Italian localization of businesses in the “-Tech” area in the financial, insurance, life science, and industrial sectors with regard to both B2B and B2C relations;
- Drafting and negotiation of agreements relating to the development of Artificial Intelligence technologies and analysis of the legal implications stemming from their use; and
- Structuring, negotiation, and execution of extraordinary transactions (M&A and restructuring) in high technology sectors.