Very responsive and practical advisers even when they are communicating in a non-native language and explaining Italian employment law matters.”
Our employment law department has grown from an ancillary team to a stand-alone practice, recommended in the employment law rankings of Legal 500 EMEA (Tier 5 in 2020).
Andrea Gangemi, who heads the practice group, is recognized by Chambers Europe (Band 5 in 2020) and Who’s Who Legal as a sector leader in Italy.
We assist our clients from an employer’s standpoint on numerous aspects of the relationship between employer and employee. These include disputes before the labor courts and conciliation procedures before worksite committees and with trade unions.
The members of our employment law department regularly advise on:
- employment contracts for managers and employees
- restrictive agreements, including non-compete agreements and minimum duration agreements
- company policies, disciplinary codes, and internet and email use policies
- company transfers and outsourcing
- incentive plans, including stock option plans
- various aspects of managing the employment relationship, including disciplinary measures and transfers
- individual and collective dismissal
- employee privacy issues
- legal proceedings
- negotiations and settlement agreements
With specific expertise in the digital and media sectors, Portolano Cavallo covers contentious and non-contentious M&A-related employment matters, dismissal proceedings and restructurings as well as social security and data protection issues. Practice head Andrea Gangemi, who was made partner in April 2018, attracts praise for his ‘excellent know how and competence’ […]”
Andrea Gangemi (Band 5) of Portolano Cavallo is recognised for his ‘excellent business acumen’. He acts on an array of employment matters, such as drafting agreements, dismissal procedures and employee privacy.”