Andrea has expertise in the full gamut of employment matters, such as collective dismissals, transfers of business and contentious employment mandates. One client appreciates that ‘he has outstanding knowledge’, adding: ‘His ethical approach makes him one of the best lawyers I have met’. Another client reports: ‘He is always available and possesses great business acumen’.
Our employment law department has grown from an ancillary team to a stand-alone practice, recommended in the employment law rankings of Legal 500 EMEA.
Andrea Gangemi, who heads the practice group, is recognized by Chambers Europe and Who’s Who Legal as a sector leader in Italy.
We assist our clients from an employer’s standpoint on numerous aspects of the relationship between employer and employee. These include disputes before the labor courts and conciliation procedures before worksite committees and with trade unions.
The members of our employment law department regularly advise on:
- employment contracts for managers and employees
- restrictive agreements, including non-compete agreements and minimum duration agreements
- company policies, disciplinary codes, and internet and email use policies
- company transfers and outsourcing
- incentive plans, including stock option plans
- various aspects of managing the employment relationship, including disciplinary measures and transfers
- individual and collective dismissal
- employee privacy issues
- legal proceedings
- negotiations and settlement agreements
Sources say Andrea Gangemi of Portolano Cavallo is ‘responsive, practical and able to distinguish between legal and commercial issues’. His areas of expertise include hiring and firing of top managers, disciplinary sanctions and collective dismissals.
Market feedback on the firm: technical knowledge, precision, timeliness and responsiveness. Very quick responses.