It is a pleasure to work with Andrea Gangemi and Tabita Costantino. They are professional, direct and concise in their guidance, and patient with our questions which I’m sure often reflect the newness of our operations in Italy.”
Our employment law department
has grown from an ancillary team to a stand-alone practice, recommended in the employment law rankings of The Legal 500 EMEA
(Tier 5 in 2022).
Andrea Gangemi, who heads the practice group, is recognized by Chambers Europe (Band 5 in 2022) and Who’s Who Legal as a sector leader in Italy.
We assist our clients from an employer’s standpoint on numerous aspects of the relationship between employer and employee. These include disputes before the labor courts and conciliation procedures before worksite committees and with trade unions.
The members of our employment law department regularly advise on:
- employment contracts for managers and employees
- restrictive agreements, including non-compete agreements and minimum duration agreements
- company policies, disciplinary codes, and internet and email use policies
- company transfers and outsourcing
- incentive plans, including stock option plans
- various aspects of managing the employment relationship, including disciplinary measures and transfers
- individual and collective dismissal
- employee privacy issues
- legal proceedings
- negotiations and settlement agreements
Andrea Gangemi is experienced in handling collective dismissal procedures and employment issues related to the transfer of employees. Clients highlight his 'excellent, practical advice. He turns things around quickly and thinks strategically'.”
Practice head Andrea Gangemi and associate Tabita Costantino make up Portolano Cavallo’s employment team, which represents a number of top players in different markets. The duo have particular niche expertise of the media, digital and entertainment sectors, where they provide advice in connection to collective agreements, social security and contracts.”