Labor and Employment.
With specific expertise in the digital and media sectors, Portolano Cavallo covers contentious and non-contentious M&A-related employment matters, dismissal proceedings and restructurings as well as social security and data protection issues. Practice head Andrea Gangemi, who was made partner in April 2018, attracts praise for his ‘excellent know how and competence’ […]” LEGAL500 2019 – EMPLOYMENT
Andrea Gangemi (Band 5) of Portolano Cavallo is recognised for his ‘excellent business acumen’. He acts on an array of employment matters, such as drafting agreements, dismissal procedures and employee privacy.” CHAMBERS EUROPE 2019 – EMPLOYMENT
Market feedback on the firm: technical knowledge, precision, timeliness and responsiveness. Very quick responses.” LEGALCOMMUNITY LABOUR REPORT 2018
Our employment law department has grown from an ancillary team to a stand-alone practice, recommended in the employment law rankings of Legal 500 EMEA.
We assist our clients from an employer’s standpoint on numerous aspects of the relationship between employer and employee. These include disputes before the labor courts and conciliation procedures before worksite committees and with trade unions.
The members of our employment law department regularly advise on:
- employment contracts for managers and employees
- restrictive agreements, including non-compete agreements and minimum duration agreements
- company policies, disciplinary codes, and internet and email use policies
- company transfers and outsourcing
- incentive plans, including stock option plans
- various aspects of managing the employment relationship, including disciplinary measures and transfers
- individual and collective dismissal
- employee privacy issues
- legal proceedings
- negotiations and settlement agreements